Despite what job seekers may believe, job applications are designed to screen applicants out, not in.
In many companies, filling out an application is a standard step in the hiring process that often comes before the interview. It's helpful for job seekers to know how to successfully complete a job application.
This video highlights:
- Basics like leave no blanks, bring an erasable pen, leave off anything that could be perceived as negative.
- How to deal with the salary question.
- Which questions the law doesn't require you to answer.
- How to handle tricky questions, like "Have you ever been arrested?"
- How to handle previous work and volunteer experience effectively.