Welfare-to-work professionals have tough jobs! Many programs have moved hundreds, even thousands of welfare recipients into jobs. But new people apply for benefits every day, and many of the most challenging clients remain. This four-DVD series is targeted at people who receive public assistance, including first-time applicants, candidates for welfare-to-work programs, and those who have yet to make the transition.
These high-quality videos are designed to capture and maintain viewers' interest. The format includes a good mix of lecture, group discussion, group activities, comments from recipients and professionals, and professional facilitation. Sound and video quality are excellent.
This series delivers the right content for its audience:
- Comprehensive. Viewers are exposed to all essential job search topics.
- Flexible. Viewers can focus on just one or more essential job search topics.
- Two videos are motivational and inspirational.
- Includes relevant content. Designed with input from current and former public assistance recipients.
- Includes viewers' perspectives. Viewers will identify with current and former recipients as well as professional staff.
- Keeps viewer interest. Good mix of lecture, group discussion, and group activities.
- Goes beyond job search techniques. One video focuses on keeping and succeeding on the job.