See the downloads tab to view an infographic that demonstrates the effectiveness of this assessment.
The CEI-EZ is the perfect interest inventory if you have limited administration time or work with individuals who need an easy-to-read format. Like the best-selling Career Exploration Inventory (CEI), the CEI-EZ guides students and job seekers in exploring and planning three major areas of life—work, leisure activities, and learning. But the CEI-EZ has fewer items and five steps, making the benefits of the CEI accessible to everyone.
With the CEI-EZ, individuals reflect on 96 activities and consider their past, present, and future interest in them. Scores connect to 16 career interest areas based on the U.S. Department of Education career clusters. Related jobs, education and training options, and leisure activities are listed for each interest area. An action plan helps individuals focus on their top interest areas and consider short- and long-range goals.
Key Features and Benefits
- The CEI-EZ offers the distinct advantage of including three major interest areas—work, leisure, and learning—in one device.
- Allows people to identify their major interest clusters; explore a variety of work, leisure, and education options; and develop a career action plan.
- Quick and easy to use. This is the interest inventory of choice for teachers, counselors, and administrators who don't have a lot of time to devote to the assessment process.
- Can be completed in 20 minutes.
- Incorporates a developmental format not used in other interest inventories. The CEI-EZ measures individuals' past, present, and future interests. By reflecting on the interests they have developed over time, individuals are able to plan.
- Can be given to groups or individuals.
Administer this assessment online through JIST Gateway!
Now individuals can complete the CEI-EZ online anytime, anywhere!
Assessment results are scored automatically and can be printed to save time and significantly ease the administration process. Administrators can also print or email the assessment access information for individuals who need to take the assessment offsite at a time that is more convenient for them. View the video clip below to learn more.