This ground-breaking book offers sound re-entry employment advice for those with red flags in their backgrounds and those who may appear unemployable.
While many employers may not want to hire someone with a criminal record, others are willing to give ex-offenders a second chance and help them get back on their feet and move ahead with their lives. What should ex-offenders do in order to land a good job? Where should they go to find a job they do well and enjoy doing? What strategies work best for them?
This book provides important answers to many re-entry questions facing ex-offenders. Beginning with an examination of 20 myths/realities and 22 principles for success, Ronald Krannich, one of America's leading employment and re-entry experts, reveals 10 steps to job and career success:
1. Examine and change your attitudes
2. Seek assistance and become proactive
3. Select appropriate job search approaches
4. Assess your skills and identify your motivational pattern
5. State a powerful objective
6. Conduct research on jobs and communities
7. Write effective resumes and letters
8. Network for information, advice, and referrals
9. Develop winning job interview skills
10. Negotiate salary and benefits like a pro
The book includes two special chapters: one on how to best use the Internet to find a job, and one on how to survive and prosper on the job.
View sample pages.