When transitioning out of incarceration, individuals often face challenges in meeting their basic needs. This includes securing a place to live, accessing transportation, obtaining healthcare, and purchasing groceries—just to name a few. This program helps viewers:
- Prepare for the barriers they may face transitioning back to society, particularly in the first few weeks or months of their release.
- Identify people, resources, and programs that can help them obtain their fundamental needs.
- Recognize situations where staying with family or others can be detrimental to their reentry success.
- Understand how to work toward short and long-term solutions to their fundamental needs.
- Avoid common pitfalls that formerly incarcerated individuals often experience after release.
Throughout the program, viewers gain valuable tips and insight from experienced professionals working in reentry programs. The video also features formerly incarcerated individuals who describe their reentry experiences in candid, honest interviews that will resonate with viewers.
Learn more about other programs in the Road to Reentry Video Series.